United Wholesale Mortgage will be the official mortgage provider for the Detroit Red Wings and their home Little Caesars Arena under a multiyear partnership, the Red Wings and Pontiac, Michigan-based UWM announced Monday.
As part of the sponsorship, UWM logos will appear on the 11-time Stanley Cup champions’ helmets throughout the 2021 season as well as on the ice at Little Caesars Arena. The season begins next week.
Financial details of the agreement were not disclosed.
“We are excited to welcome UWM as the official mortgage partner of the Detroit Red Wings, and for this innovative, Michigan-based business to be the first-ever featured partner on our iconic red and white helmets,” said Chris Granger, Group President, Sports & Entertainment, Ilitch Holdings, Inc. “It’s a pleasure to work with UWM and we look forward to partnering with them for years to come.”
The partnership includes:
- The UWM decal will be positioned on the left and right sides of helmets.
- UWM branding will also be featured with an on-ice logo at Little Caesars Arena, along with prominent dasher board and penalty box signage.
- Digital branding will be featured throughout the arena bowl and concourse areas.
- A parking garage will be named the United Wholesale Mortgage Garage with new signage to be installed soon.
- UWM will also have a sponsored presence on the Detroit Red Wings Radio Network.
“Our decision to partner with and become the exclusive mortgage provider for the Detroit Red Wings was easy,” said Sarah DeCiantis, Chief Marketing Officer at UWM. “This partnership will allow us to further build this awareness as well as highlight UWM as a best place to work locally. We’re excited to see what we will accomplish alongside the Detroit Red Wings.”